We have all kinds of exciting and weird foods out today, like Wasabi and Hot Chicken Wing Oreo flavors, but looking back, we’ve lost a lot of goodies over the years. Some fun products were discontinued, some were only around for a limited-time, but these are some of the fun foods we only got to enjoy for a fleeting time and wish we could get today.
- Dunkaroos - What’s not to love about cookies you can dunk in frosting and sprinkles? These were a cult favorite and would be welcomed back with open arms by the fans who’ve missed them.
- Black Pepper Jack Doritos - The sweet heat of these wasn’t around long enough.
- Cinna-Crunch Pebbles - This “Flintstones” cereal goes way back, but it’s missed by many old school fans.
- T Cereal - Another kids’ cereal that disappeared, but this is the only one with Mr. T on the box, complete with gold chains and feather earrings.
- Frings - Jack In The Box used to serve their fries and crispy onion rings together and we want them back.
- Heinz EZ Squirt Purple Ketchup - This “kid condiment” was real ketchup in a “Funky Purple” shade and now that we think about it, we’re not so sure this one needs to come back anytime soon.
- Long Lost Lime Skittles - Years ago the candy swapped their green flavor from lime to apple and lime lovers weren’t happy about it. Their complaints were heard and for a brief time, the candy company brought back limited-edition packs with “long lost lime” inside.
- Peanut Butter & Banana Creme Reese’s Cups - Apparently there was a time when Reese’s cups came in this flavor, inspired by the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis. Who knew?
- Jell-O Pudding Pops - If these weren’t a part of your childhood, we’re sorry, because they were basically pudding popsicles and they were good.
- Reese’s Swoops - Some genius decided to make Reese’s into Pringle-like shapes, so they were chip-shaped slices of chocolate peanut buttery-goodness. And we want them back, please.
General Mills teased us on Instagram in a video that we thought would announce that Dunkaroos were coming back, but alas no... maybe one day!