In a recent study in the journal Health Psychology, they recorded interviews from more than 19,000 married people up to age 90 between 1978 and 2010. From this survey and interviews, they broke down 6 things that will make a marriage work.
it all makes sense to me, but what do you think? You should definitely read the full article, the link is below. Here is the abridged version:
1. Exercise of play sports together
2. Focus on the positives
3. Share household chores ( especially dishwashing )
4. Have a " growth mindset " of working and growing together
5. Openly share about your relationships with others
6. Be attractive for each other, and not just physically.