This is an interesting story and comparison of how things were back in the 1950's when it came to finding a man! Kim Marx-Kuczynski from Madison, Wisconsin found a 1958 McCall’s magazine with the article “129 Ways to Get a Husband” at a rummage sale.
Kim shared the article online! Here are some highlights and it's definitely an interesting read!
Where To Find Him
- Be friendly to ugly men - handsome is as handsome does
- Get lost at football games
- Get a job demonstrating fishing tackle in a sporting goods store
How To Let Him Know You Are There
- Stumble when you walk into a room that he’s in
- Make a lot of money
- Stand in a corner and cry softly. Chances are good that he’ll come over to find out what’s wrong
How To Look Good To Him
- Practice drinking with your woman friends first
- Get better looking glasses or try contact lenses
- Don’t whine - girls who whine stay on the vine!