Hurricane Dorian has caused major destruction across numerous communities, so we wanted to try and put together resources on how you can help those in need.
Many areas and communities, especially in the Bahamas, have been devastated by the storm, so here is everything you can do to help those affected, thanks to our friends at PennLive:
- The American Red Cross: Financial donations are being accepted on the organization’s website.Hurricane relief donations provide shelter, food and comfort for families in need.
- Mennonite Disaster Service: The volunteer network of Anabaptist churches in Lancaster County responds to those affected by disasters in Canada and the United States. It is accepting financial donations as well as volunteers to help out. To make an online donation, head to the website. You also can mail a check to MDS, 583 Airport Road, Lititz, PA 1754 or make a donation by calling 1-800-241-8111. Those interested in volunteering can complete the group’s online application.
- Heart to Heart International: The International nonprofit health organization has already deployed a team and is monitoring the storm. It sent a Mobile Medical Unit (an urgent care facility on wheels), two support vehicles and four logistics experts in advance of the storm’s estimated landfall. You can support the efforts by making a donation.
- International Medical Corps.: The global humanitarian nonprofit focuses on emergency response and relief and is deploying medical teams to Florida. Donate hereto help them deliver healthcare and supplies to those impacted by Dorian.
- St. Bernard Project: The nonprofit, disaster relief organization helps communities rebuild and recover from long-term disaster and is accepting online donations. The money will help buy protective equipment for volunteers, buy supplies and new flooring and mold removal for flooded homes.
DL Photo: Getty