In honor of Discovery Channel's upcoming Shark Week TV marathon, Red Lobster announced a fun promotion for their customers. Beginning August 9,, Red Lobster is helping guests identify what type of shark they are based on their favorite menu item. The seafood chain has curated a list, which pairs dishes with various shark species. Here are some of the Shark Week-inspired combinations dreamed up by Red Lobster:
- If you love Ultimate Family Feast– You’re a Great White Shark
- The king of the ocean wouldn’t settle for anything less than ‘ultimate.’ Take a bite out of tender Maine lobster tails, wild-caught North American snow crab legs, hand-crafted garlic shrimp scampi and crispy shrimp– it’s a feast for the entire family!
- If you love Lobster Lover's Dream– You’re a Dusky Smooth-Hound
- As the shark that feeds primarily on large crustaceans, this dish offers a large variety of lobster preparations – a succulent roasted rock lobster tail, butter-poached Maine lobster tail and lobster-and-shrimp linguini Alfredo.
- If you love Admiral's Family Feast– You’re a Hammerhead Shark
- The aggressive hunter meets the Admiral – capture crispy shrimp, bay scallops, clam strips and wild-caught whitefish, all fried to a golden brown in this delicious dish that’ll feed the whole family!
- If you love Bar Harbor Lobster Bake– You’re a Tiger Shark
- The sharkknown for eating almost anything, sink your teeth into the dish that has it all – petite Maine lobster tails, split and roasted, with shrimp, bay scallops, mussels and fresh tomatoes. Served over linguini in a garlic and white wine broth.
- If you love Seaside Shrimp Trio Family Feast– You’re a Bull Shark
- For the shark that lives in shallow water, enjoy a feeding frenzy for the entire family with a sampling of crispy shrimp, hand-crafted garlic shrimp scampi and creamy shrimp linguini Alfredo.
Not only will Red Lobster tell you what kind of shark you are, they're also offering free delivery on To Go orders with a $30 minimum purchase placed from August 3 through August 30. This is perfect timing, of course, as Shark Week is right around the corner. You can order your Bar Harbor Lobster Cake or Seaside Shrimp to munch on while checking out some of Shark Week's best offerings.