If you're bored with the usual burger on the grill (maybe you're not, but....) how does a grilled watermelon burger sound? It sure sounds healthy for sure, because it's fruit.
You may become a believer after trying this recipe, and wow your neighbors with something they probably never tried to make themselves. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 small orange
- 1 cup roughly chopped fennel fronds
- 1 - 2 fat garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 slices of watermelon, 1 ½” thick
- Olive oil
- Cheese—preferably chevre, sheep or goat
- 4 square ciabatta buns or a baguette cut into sandwich-size portions
All the details HERE for the actual preparation. You'll end up with 4 grilled watermelon patty burgers that will make your mouth water...literally! (Like watermelon does anyway!)
And you may want to eat two.