Wearing Glasses May Protect You From Corona Virus

Call me four eyes, I don't care.....because early research shows people who wear eyeglasses may be at lower risk for catching COVID-19 than those who don't wear glasses.

The study from China had researchers analyzing 276 patients at a hospital in China's Hubei province. They found that only about 6% said they wore glasses because they were nearsighted, for more than 8 hours a day. The other 94% did not wear glasses!

Read it HERE at livescience.com. Dr. Lisa Maragakis, an associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, called this published study "provocative and raises the possibility that use of eye protection by the general public might offer some degree of protection from COVID-19."

Doctors also caution it's still a little early for everyone to don glasses or sunglasses all the time..but it's something to think about....

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content