The holidays are always a time for fun decorations, but a new report out says that some of the even fresher decorations that you may put out could be very harmful to your pets!
According to Prevention.com, here are the biggest dangers for your cats, dogs, and other animals:
- Mistletoe could cause vomiting if your cats and dogs eat the sprigs.
- Holly causes a similar reaction, but it can be much worse.
- Christmas tree needles can cause an obstruction requiring surgery if your pet eats too many of them.
- Pollen on lilies can cause kidney failure in your cat, even if they just brush against it.
- Poinsettias are also commonly known to be poisonous to pets. They can cause upset stomachs if eaten. But in truth, the danger of poinsettias are largely exaggerated.