These are some trends to leave behind and a few that you’ll want to keep around for 202
Leave in 2019
- Ugly sneakers- Time to say goodbye to Instagram’s favorite footwear. Dad sneakers have had a good run, but we’re ready for more flattering shoes.
- Bike shorts- Unless you’re actually going to the gym, stop with the bike shorts already.
- Padded headbands- They made their debut on Prada’s spring 2019 runway and were soon in the grids of Instagram’s most-followed, but this preppy accessory’s moment is ending with 2019.
- Tiny sunglasses- They may have been the ultimate “cool girl accessory,” but can we please move on to cute sunnies that actually do the job?
- Transparent bags- Who wants everyone to see what’s inside their bag? Not us, not in 2020.
Keep for 2020
- Suiting- From a blazer with jeans to a full-on power pantsuit, this girl boss wardrobe staple isn’t going anywhere.
- Animal print- Sure, the cheetah midi skirt has been overdone, but we’re not giving up on all animal print yet. Keep rocking everything from snake to zebra in the New Year.
- Puff sleeves- This romantic detail is still a favorite for 2020.
- Cardigans- They may be inspired by granny’s style, but today’s styles are comfy, cute, and all about fashion.
- Monochromatic outfits- Ring in the New Year with neutrals from winter whites to caramel and chocolate browns and you’re bound to be chic.
Source:New York Post