‘I'm feeling great’: Mother of two becomes first person in the US to get injected with experimental coronavirus vaccine – but it won’t be ready for at least a year
- Jennifer Haller, 43, of Seattle, said it's 'an amazing opportunity to do something'
- Scientists at the Kaiser Permanente Washington Research Institute are now anxiously awaiting the first-stage study of a potential COVID-19 vaccine
- It was developed in record time after the new virus exploded from China
- Even if the research goes well, a vaccine would not be available for widespread use for 12 to 18 months, Dr. Anthony Fauci has said
- This vaccine candidate, code-named mRNA-1273, was developed by the NIH and Massachusetts-based biotechnology company Moderna Inc
Source: Daily Mail